To secure your booking a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the cost of your stay is required. Bookings are provisional until confirmed in writing.
The balance is due six weeks prior to your stay. If your holiday date is within 6 weeks of the date of booking, the full amount is required.
If you need to cancel please contact us immediately. If we can re-sell your dates we can refund your balance less a handling fee.
Arrival and Departure
Check-in is from 4pm on the day of your arrival. Check-out is by 10am on the day of your departure.
Please remember you are staying on a working farm, whilst we try to ensure we provide a safe environment, working farms are potentially dangerous areas. You are responsible for your own and your family’s safety. Please ensure children are supervised, and do not leave children alone in the Yurt. Pay careful attention around the woodburner, BBQ’s, campstoves, and firepit. The proprietor accepts no liability for any accident, injury, loss or damage sustained by any resident, their family, visitors, vehicle or personal effects however caused.
- No smoking in the Yurt, Dome, Safari tents, or the Dutch Barn
- No disposable BBQ’s – BBQ’s are provided for each tent, ensure you are a safe distance from the tents and Dutch Barn
- No naked flames, or cooking in or on the decking of the tents
- Campfires in the 2 designated area only
You will be held responsible for any serious damage done or loss sustained to property during your stay.
We accept up to 2 dogs per yurt – we just ask that you respect a few doggy rules:
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times around the glampsite (we have cows grazing neighbouring fields)
- Please keep dogs off the human beds, please bring your own dog crate/bed and blankets
- Dogs must not be left unattended at any time during the day or night in the tents
- All dog poo to be cleared up around the glampsite
- Maximum of 2 dogs per yurt or safari lodge
Please remember, noise travels a long way at night in the countryside please be considerate to your fellow guests and keep the noise down at night.
No amplified music after 10pm
The Dutch Barn is shared with other guests so please tidy up after yourself.
We ask groups of 8 or more adults to book the entire site to ensure everyone enjoys their stay at Somerset Yurts.
Number of guests per YurtPlease ensure the maximum number of guests in your party does not exceed the maximum for the tent
Yurts and Geodome – 4 adults, or two adults and three children per Yurt.
Safari Lodge – 4 adults, or 2 adults and up to 4 children per lodge
Please contact us if you need to cater for a larger party, as we will always try our best to accommodate you.