Dogs love glamping too! We know what an important part of the family our dogs are, so are more than happy to welcome them to Somerset Yurts. There are footpaths right from the yurt field, with open countryside, trails, and woods to explore! A short drive from the yurts you can find dog friendly places such as Hestercombe Gardens and Fyne Court, as well as the wonderful Quantock Hills AONB, Exmoor National Park, and the North Somerset Coast – there is something for everyone!
We accept up to 2 dogs per yurt, £10 per stay, per dog – we just ask that you respect a few doggy rules:
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times around the yurt site (we have cows grazing neighbouring fields)
- Please keep dogs off the human beds, please bring your own dog crate/bed and blankets
- Dogs must not be left unattended at any time during the day or night in the yurts or lodges
- All dog poo to be cleared up around yurt fields
- Maximum of 2 dogs per yurt or safari lodge
Places to explore:
- Our farm is around 200 acres of farmland, so you have plenty of space and freedom! Footpaths are accessible from the site, plus you can check with Mark or Emma which fields you can let your dog off the lead in – we can advise which fields have cows grazing, and which you can walk in 🙂
- South Quantock Heritage Trail – you can start and finish walk 4 from our lane.
- Explore the beautiful Quantock Hills AONB – we recommend Fyne Court and Cothelstone Hill, both just a short drive from the yurts!
- Hestercombe Gardens – Beautiful restored gardens and woodland, with dog friendly restaurant.