12th April 2021
We will open our 2 self contained safari lodges and 1 yurt from 30th April.
During this time, the rule of 6 or two households applies for mixing outdoors. Mixing indoors is restricted to a single household only.
From Monday 17th May, we will open up the rest of our yurts and our geodesic dome for booking, as shared facilities will be permitted to open, subject to Government approval.
The rule of 6 or two households will apply indoors and no more than 30 individuals mixing outdoors.
Our shared facilities comprise a toilet and shower block of four toilets and four showers, shared between the 5 yurts and 1 geodesic dome. Guests will need to follow the Government guidance limiting the number of households mixing indoors, so some spacing of use should be observed.
We provide undercover outdoor spaces for cooking, washing up and eating, to help social distancing between households.
Hand santitisers are available at entrance points to shared facilities, and antiviral multisurface sprays are provided for the kitchen and washroom areas.
From Monday 21st June the Government hopes to lift all remaining social restrictions.
Further information is available here:
Please bear in mind that the following are all subject to change based on the nature of this pandemic, but for the foreseeable future, previous and new guests booking need to be aware of the following which should be read in conjunction with our usual T’s and C’s, prior to booking.
Bookings, balances and refund policies:
- Check in time will continue to be at 4pm, however due to the longer cleaning times required, we will not be able to offer a check in at an earlier time. Please do not arrive at an earlier time, you will not be able to drop anything off or use facilities while our housekeeping staff are working.
- Check out will continue to be at 10am and we would ask that you make every effort to be clear of the accommodation and facilities by this time so that we can commence with the changeover promptly. Please wash up your kitchen items and empty all of your bins.
- We will continue to supply bed linen, which is all cleaned and handled professionally. There is no need to strip your bed linen, we will continue to do this once you have checked out.
- Unfortunately due to the risk of contamination the following items will no longer be supplied:
- Tea, coffee, sugar
- Toys, books, games, magazines
- Leaflets, maps or pamphlets regarding the local area
- Guest books
- Blankets, throws, cushions – please bring your own blankets to put over the bed linen if you feel you need the extra warmth.
- Accommodation guides will be provided as a PDF on our website
- We are not responsible for any local attractions, restaurants, pubs, shops, or places of interest not being open during your stay, so please make sure you are happy to come and stay with a potentially reduced number of places open. Some places will be open, but might require booking ahead.
- We will be following the Professional Association of Self Caterers (PASC) protocol for cleaning and are confident our regime is robust, however there will always be a risk. By leaving the safety of your home and travelling to Somerset, you are taking risks. You must be responsible for your own actions and decisions. If you are uncomfortable about staying here, then we will try and rearrange dates for later in the year, or next season.
To make a booking we are asking for a 25% deposit to confirm your booking, with the balance due 14 days before your stay.
If you are unable to stay, due to self-isolation or any other reason – primarily we will try to work with you to move you to an alternative date if that’s not possible then our standard terms and conditions apply.
If we are forced to close by the Government we will attempt to work with you to change dates or refund you.
Covid 19 contraction
Should you suspect you might have contracted or have come into contact with someone who may have been infected with Covid-19 prior to your holiday, you must follow the government guidelines on isolation within your own home. Whilst we will not be able to automatically refund due to you having to self isolate, we will do all we can to re-book your week and if we do so, we will refund your holiday payment, less any additional costs we may have incurred. Therefore, the earlier we are notified the easier this would be.
Government guidance currently states that 2 households of any number of people are able to meet at the same time either indoors or outdoors provided that the two households maintain social distancing.
Where people of more than 2 households meet, this is still limited to 6 people inside, or up to 30 people outside. Gatherings of 30 people or more are currently illegal.
If you are booking with others please ensure that you adhere to current guidance.
If you wish to cancel your holiday, and cannot rearrange dates our standard terms and conditions apply.