28th Jun 2020
We intend to open most of the site from the 10th of July.
Following the latest Government guidance we are now taking bookings for summer 2020 and beyond.
To adhere to current guidance and suggested best practice we will only be making 4 of the Yurts, and the 2 Safari Lodges available through July.
This will allow us to allocate a toilet and shower to each yurt, with the lodges being self-contained, meaning no sharing of facilities.
We will be closing the shared kitchen area and creating additional outdoor (but undercover) washing and food preparation areas suitably distanced to reduce Covid-19 transmission risk.
We will keep this in review and expect that we will open all 6 yurts in August with additional cleaning protocols depending on the advice and perceived risk levels when that time comes.
Please bear in mind that the following are all subject to change based on the nature of this pandemic, but for the foreseeable future, previous and new guests booking need to be aware of the following which should be read in conjunction with our usual T’s and C’s, prior to booking.
- Check in time will continue to be at 4pm, however due to the longer cleaning times required, we will not be able to offer a check in at an earlier time. Please do not arrive at an earlier time, you will not be able to drop anything off or use facilities while our housekeeping staff are working.
- Check out will continue to be at 10am and we would ask that you make every effort to be clear of the accommodation and facilities by this time so that we can commence with the changeover promptly. Please wash up your kitchen items and empty all of your bins.
- We will continue to supply bed linen, which is all cleaned and handled professionally. There is no need to strip your bed linen, we will continue to do this once you have checked out.
- Unfortunately due to the risk of contamination the following items will no longer be supplied:
- Tea, coffee, sugar
- Toys, books, games, magazines
- Leaflets, maps or pamphlets regarding the local area
- Guest books
- Blankets, throws, cushions – please bring your own blankets to put over the bed linen if you feel you need the extra warmth.
- Accommodation guides will be provided as a PDF on our website
- We are not responsible for any local attractions, restaurants, pubs, shops, or places of interest not being open during your stay, so please make sure you are happy to come and stay with a potentially reduced number of places open. Some places will be open, but might require booking ahead.
- We will be following the Professional Association of Self Caterers (PASC) protocol for cleaning and are confident our regime is robust, however there will always be a risk. By leaving the safety of your home and travelling to Somerset, you are taking risks. You must be responsible for your own actions and decisions. If you are uncomfortable about staying here, then we will try and rearrange dates for later in the year, or next season.
Bookings, balances and refund policies:
To make a booking we are asking for a 25% deposit to confirm your booking, with the balance due 14 days before your stay.
If you are unable to stay, due to self-isolation or any other reason – primarily we will try to work with you to move you to an alternative date if that’s not possible then our standard terms and conditions apply.
If we are forced to close by the Government we will attempt to work with you to change dates or refund you.
Covid 19 contraction
Should you suspect you might have contracted or have come into contact with someone who may have been infected with Covid-19 prior to your holiday, you must follow the government guidelines on isolation within your own home. Whilst we will not be able to automatically refund due to you having to self isolate, we will do all we can to re-book your week and if we do so, we will refund your holiday payment, less any additional costs we may have incurred. Therefore, the earlier we are notified the easier this would be.
If you or a member of your family start to show symptoms whilst staying at one of our properties, you must advise us and return home immediately. If for any reason you are unable to do so, you will need to notify us straight away and pay the rent for any additional time at our property at the relevant weekly rate, please note that this may include additional yurts if the guests have to leave due to not being able to share the communal facilities while you are here.
Government guidance currently states that 2 households of any number of people are able to meet at the same time either indoors or outdoors provided that the two households maintain social distancing.
Where people of more than 2 households meet, this is still limited to 6 people and must be outside. Gatherings of 30 people or more are currently illegal.
If you are booking with others please ensure that you adhere to current guidance.
Additional “Covid safe” information
We are currently working through a risk assessment and will be updating this page with further details.
As of 25th March 2020
Following the latest UK Government guidance to stay home, restricting all but essential travel, we have no option but to stop holiday makers arriving for an initial period of three weeks. It is with a very heavy heart we do this, but we must play our part in helping the nation prevent the spread of this awful virus.
Given the unprecedented circumstances, for guests scheduled to arrive during April, May and June 2020 we are offering the option to change dates up to 12 months ahead free charge, subject to availability. There may be an additional charge, or partial refund if the new dates fall in a higher or lower season than your current booking. Should you be unable to change your dates, then our standard booking terms and conditions regarding cancellation will apply.
We very much hope to be open again from May, and will update this page based on the most up to date guidance from the Government. For those guests still due to pay their balances, with holiday dates after 30th May, we have temporarily amended the balance payment due date from 6 weeks before your holiday date, to 1 week. We hope this allows some peace of mind to know you can keep your dates, but change them closer to the time, depending on Government advice.
If you wish to cancel your holiday, and cannot rearrange dates our standard terms and conditions apply.
We would like to thank all the guests we have contacted so far, for their understanding and flexibility in moving their dates. We are very much looking forward to welcoming everyone as soon as possible.