We are really popular with groups at Somerset Yurts – whether it’s a big birthday celebration, a family get together, a hen do, or a reunion, we have a fantastic place here for you to hold your event. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions we get regarding group bookings, but please get in touch if we have missed your question!
What is the minimum number of yurts we can book?
- Our group policy is that you can book 1, 2, or all 6 yurts.
- If you are booking 1 or 2 yurts there is a maximum of 4 adults per yurt. This is to ensure that a group doesn’t ‘take over’ if there are other couple or families staying, and ensures that you can enjoy yourselves without worrying about other guests when you book the whole site
What are the options for cooking and eating?
- Inside: We have a fully equipped kitchen and dining area in the converted barn – this includes an electric oven and hob, 2 large fridges, a freezer, toaster, microwave, pots and pans, glasses, mugs, crockery, cutlery etc. for up to around 20/25 people. There are also 2 large dining tables that can be pushed together to seat around 20 people.
- Outside: Each yurt has a BBQ and prakti stove. Groups can pull these together for a large outdoor BBQ, and there is also an undercover area outside which is handy if it rains!
- The communal campfire at the corner of the yurt field is great for campfire cooking, and we have a couple of dutch ovens that can be hired if you fancy cooking up a big stew under the stars.
What are the options for eating out?
- Clavelshay Barn – www.clavelshaybarn.co.uk is an excellent local restaurant based on a dairy farm only 2 miles from the yurts.
- The Monkton Inn – our local pub (2 miles away) www.themonktoninn.co.uk You can walk to the Monkton, but there is a steep walk up hill on the way back 😉
- Alternatively, there are a number of restaurants in Taunton (10/15 mins by car/taxi):
We would like to do a group activity - can you recommend any local companies?
- Channel Adventure can offer lots of adventure activities such as mountain biking, archery, raft building etc. Click here for their website. Pre booking is essential
- Crafts and Giggles can offer craft workshops at the yurt barn, A lovely activity for Hen Party bookings – you can choose to make a craft that could feature or be worn on the wedding day, such as our bunting or photo props. Pre booking is essential.
Can we play music outside?
Can we play games at the yurts?
The yurts are situated in a 2 acre field, with a large mown area in the middle, which has been popular for games of football, rounders etc. There are also board games and cards in the barn.
Do we need to bring our own bedding?
What's the maximum number of people that can stay?
There is room for additional rollout/blowup mattresses (we can provide 2 single rollout mattresses, or you can bring your own).
The site maximum is 25 – but do let us know if you are slightly over this as we may be able to accommodate.
Do you have a minimum age policy for groups?
Is there a campfire?
One of the best things about staying at the yurts is the communal campfire which is great for getting together in the evening and toasting marshmallows under the stars! You can also cook on the campfire with dutch ovens which are available to hire.